Homes and Housing News
Update December 2016
At the moment we are choosing an architect to design the new homes at Manor Gardens. We are also developing the brief for the design, which will include the following principles:
- Manor Gardens must be a great place to live for everyone, allowing for the fact that some people living at Manor Gardens will have a disability and some people will not.
- The redevelopment must make the most of the beautiful grounds that make Manor Gardens a special place.
- Cars should not dominate the site, but there must there must be enough parking so that it doesn’t impact surrounding streets. There should not be a through road from Weir Bridge Close to North Upton Lane.
- Use of the undeveloped parts of the site to create more homes, without losing the feeling of space and peace that there is at the moment. Retention of some of the existing bungalows.
- Conversion of the Manor House into apartments
We have shortlisted four architects firms from a long-list of eight and will be interviewing them in early February to hear their ideas. Once the architect has been appointed and has drawn up some initial proposals we will consult again with residents and also with neighbours in the adjoining streets.